Friday, January 2, 2009

Some Random Thoughts for New Year 2009???

It is so hard to believe that this time has come again.... Wasn't it just last year that the year 2000 rolled around, and everyone was afraid that the world was going to stop spinning. Ok so I'm showing my age, the ancient one that I am.... lol...

Rev. John Dye gave us some excellent admonitions on how to be more Christlike in the new year. One thing that I did think about in vein of resolutions is... Only make resolutions that you have no intention of keeping... lol... I thought about resolutions that I've made in the past and I never kept them for more than the month of January......... So here is my only resolution...

1. Don't eat Chocolate.....


Nothing like making a resolution that I know I'm going to break.(like by this afternoon) Especially since I discovered that truffles are super easy to make... lol

I did decide to make some goals for each month, nothing big just some small steps toward healthier, (hopefully) skinnier me... Some things at school are slowing down just a touch, so hopefully I can get back on the schedule I started this summer. But my parents got me a down comforter for Christmas and it is so hard to not oversleep... LOL, with school starting in a few days this is not a good thing... :-)

I am hoping to blog a little more now that my life is a little more calm, only a little, Those of you know me well know that my life can only be calm for like 5 seconds at a time... My calls me the walking crisis center...

Ok so I'm going to stop rambling.... ;-)

Wishing you a blessed New Year!!!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy New Year!!! I thought your students did a great job with the Christmas Carol at the SWA banquet. You must have spent hours getting ready for it. Enjoy that down comforter!!

Mark said...

Quit eating chocolate?! That is like trying to quit breathing! :-)

Kayla said...

By the way your truffles were awesome! We gobbled them up! you will have to share the recipe since they are so easy! I saw some pictures of the play-it looked great. I'm still waiting for the disc (:

Christy said...

Hey...how are you doing on your resolution?? I didn't make any this year. I doubt that I could not eat chocolate though...