Monday, November 3, 2008

Hillbilly Rodeo


The following pictures may seem distorted... due to the time of day that they were taken... lol
Team Farmall isn't sure if they are ready for all of this hillbilly fun....
Susie and Ashley trying to stay warm by the fire....

Emily and Kayla posing for the snap shot... they didn't like the other picture I took ;-)

Our youth focus group got together Friday night for some excellent food, fellowship, and tons of fun...

After a campfire meal, we had a devotional on fear... very timely since it was night time and we had no clue what was planned for the next few hours.
We were split into two teams and the White tails and the Farmalls.... I was on the Farmall team... We were the team that didn't have all the couples on it... The first event was to see which team could husk and shell the most corn... The Farmalls won by one corncob... lol... However, our victory was short lived when we lost the next two events. . . . . . Pumpkin relay and haybale race. The haybale race involved rolling a round bale while someone was on top of it, without letting them fall off... it was very interesting.
Next they took us on a hayride, and after driving aimlessly we stopped and had a tug of war... Which the Farmalls won (not sure how) going uphill and downhill... After that we had to have a group sing 3 verses of Old MacDonald... and the judges had to decide who was the best... Sandy, Susie and I sang for the Farmalls, and we won.. It had to have been the motions that went with our version of the song... lol
The last event was bullriding... and Mark and Zack won for the Farmalls by 75 hundredths of a second..... wow what a ride.... The Farmalls won, but we all had fun... Which was the point...

2 comments:

Kuhn Family Journals said...

Sound like I missed out on some fun! That's one thing about my work schedule, I do miss a lot of fun Youth activities! (Makes me feel old! LOL)
Yeah I just joined the blog world and found your blog on here. I have several other websites, but I'll be dropping them probably after I'm married. It'll be too much to keep going! I'll keep my ministry websites, because Journey (the youth group at the church we're working at) wants a website!

Kuhn Family Journals said...

Also thank you for the complement on my page and pictures! I put some pics up there of my niece they are bit older pics I'll have to post some more recent one's she sure is a Q2!